Senior Technical Artist
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Technical Artist who is ready for a new challenge and has experience working on multiple titles.
As Senior Technical Artist, you will be the driving force constantly pushing the quality of art within the game. You will work alongside the tech art team, as well as working directly with art teams, programmers, and other key stakeholders on a daily basis.
You will work with your team providing technical support to the artists across multiple projects.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Be able to manage time effectively, be a versatile problem solver and have the expertise to inspire and mentor others to excellence
- Create, maintain, and review workflows, tools, and pipelines, leading by example
- Look for opportunities to improve and optimise the art teams’ workflows and processes, as well as introduce new practises across the Total War art team as a whole
- Actively look for innovative and creative ways to improve the workflow and quality of the art content
- Liaise with programming teams and bridge communications between project teams, departments, between the total war team and console team at CA.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Relevant programming or scripting experience in languages such as Python/C++/C#
- Strong understanding of 3D math (linear algebra, vector and matrix math)
- Experienced in Houdini throughout at least one AAA title development cycle
- Procedural generation experience.
- Experience with C++
- Production experience with 3DS Max
- Substance Designer / Painter experience
- Have experience as an artist in the games industry
- Previously shipped AAA titles in an equivalent role
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
About Creative Assembly
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.