Technical Director - VR Software (m/f/d)
Revolutionize the virtual world and be a part of one of the most extraordinary tech companies in Germany!
Your responsibilities as Technical Director - VR Software (m/f/d) include:
- Manage and oversee our global VR/platform software-development team
- Establish top-notch technical quality standards for our product with respect to coding standards, performance and scalability of services
- Critically analyze our technology and development practices with the goals of improving our product quality and team efficiency, as well as fostering a positive work environment
- Define technical requirements, development strategy and roadmap
- Be a great communicator at all levels, from working with executive management to interns
- Coach, mentor and motivate your team to get the best out of everyone
- Act as an inspiring hiring manager to build up a powerful team of highly-committed enthusiasts
- Facilitate a smooth production process together with management, technical leads and the customer content team
- Utilize the most state-of-the-art technology to streamline our processes and to guarantee the best overall benefits for your team and the business as a whole
- Create and maintain plans for the mitigation of technical risks for multiple development teams
Skills & Requirements
- Empathetic and charismatic leader with excellent communication skills
- Many years of experience as a technical leader, preferably in the game industry
- Previous experience as a technical director would be beneficial
- Skilled engineer who demonstrates passion for technical solutions with the ability to motivate an international team within an innovative tech company
- Capable of constructing a client/server codebase from the beginning of a project all the way through to production
- Experience with Azure Cloud or similar cloud providers
- Self-motivated personality who demonstrates great commitment and feels responsible for the team
- Proven experience with Unreal Engine/off-the-shelf engines, as well as native/custom engines; fluent in Blueprints, C# and C++
- Great track record of shipping several AAA titles; preferably good knowledge of MMO games
- Experience with VR/AR, other areas of game development and/or UX design would be a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English; additional German skills are a bonus
How to Apply
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to work for a market-leading, hypergrowth tech company with a broad international customer base that is using VR and AR to transform the way they work, learn and research
- The experience of creating and implementing highly-valuable and innovative technology, while contributing to the long-term growth of a successful tech company
- Profit from an open and modern work environment with flexible working hours
- Be a part of a diverse international team with highly-qualified and dedicated colleagues representing over 30 nationalities
- Bring in your own ideas and actively participate in shaping our company
- Live in Bangalore, the center of India’s high-tech industry with the highest quality of life, pleasant weather, vibrant culture and many public parks around the city
- Receive a competitive salary and additional benefits such as team events, milestone company lunches, subsidized breakfast and lunch plan, subsidized medical insurance, gratuity and a great office location in the heart of Bangalore
Please apply HERE directly with your outstanding portfolio and join the realworld one team! We look forward to hearing from you!
About the Company
realworld one is the global leader in enterprise virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR) software solutions, focusing on the life sciences, analytical, diagnostics and medical, pharmaceutical, chemical and processing industries.
Our customers include several major, well-known companies such as Lonza, ZEISS, Bio-Rad, Agilent, Becton Dickinson, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences, QIAGEN, Tecan, Hologic and GEA Group among many others.
With our comprehensive scientific and industry expertise, we have developed a systematic approach to implementing VR and AR within the areas of sales and marketing, service and support, research and development, as well as manufacturing and production.
As a spin-off of IKA, a leading manufacturer of laboratory and processing equipment, we are privately funded and are among the largest VR and AR software companies that focus on industry solutions. We have cultivated a vibrant company culture with an international team of more than 250 people at our headquarters in Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany) and at other locations in Berlin (Germany), San Diego (USA), Bangalore (India), and Guangzhou (China).
We place great value on fostering a creative, performance-driven and employee-centered work environment for everyone – whether your specialty is working with clients, developing cutting-edge technology or crunching numbers!