Treyarch is looking for an extraordinary Lead Animator with experience in animation leadership experience. In this role, you will lead a passionate and talented animation team in crafting the highest quality weapon and locomotion animations, pushing the boundaries of gameplay immersion, storytelling, and creativity. The ideal candidate is passionate about animation and gameplay, and has a strong understanding of realistic body mechanics, animation principles, and strong leadership skills.
A successful Lead Animator will collaborate across departments to push for that AAA quality and fun our studio is committed to achieve. We're looking for a strong communicator who is passionate about creativity and innovation in this role, where you will influence the direction of Treyarch's animation technology. If you possess a strong will to become an essential pillar of an outstanding animation team, to inspire those around you, and create epic moments in gaming, then this is the role for you!
What you’ll be doing…
- Produce high-quality first-person animations using all the tools at your disposal, with a focus on weapons, locomotion, and gameplay
- Lead a team of dedicated animators, ensuring that all work is at the highest quality possible while staying on schedule, providing and receiving feedback from Animators on a regular basis
- Collaboratively work with multiple departments of different disciplines to maintain the look and feel of the project
- Drive improvements to our first-person animation pipeline, advocating for and exploring a wide variety of ideas to keep pushing the Call of Duty style of animation forward
- Implement and maintain Animations, using our proprietary tools within our game engine
- Represents the Gameplay Animation team in all meetings
- Identify potential areas of risk and work with other groups to mitigate them
Skills & Requirements
To succeed you should have…
- 8+ years of experience in the game industry
- Expert level first person animation skills and knowledge of animation implementation and debugging techniques
- A solid understanding of realistic body mechanics
- Expert level knowledge of Maya
- Demonstrated mentorship experience and excellent interpersonal skills
We’d love it if you also have…
- Knowledge of weapon mechanics
- Experience in both stylized and realistic styles of animation
- Experience working with outsourcing teams
- Experience with Perforce
- A passion for video games and the Call of Duty franchise
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply here: https://careers.treyarch.com/job/R009334/Lead-Animator-Treyarch
About the Company
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://hub.activisionblizzard.com/s/us-benefits