Experienced UI/ UX Designer
Creative Assembly are looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to join our art team based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex. This is a unique opportunity to work on our next historical tent pole feature.
As part of a focussed project team, you will bring your creativity and passion to your work and work collaboratively with Designers, Programmers and other Artists to craft and implement the next tentpole UI.
As an experienced UI/UX Designer on the historical art team, you will work with the Lead UI/UX Designer to help define and implement the UI and ensure technical and artistic quality in our historical titles.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Interact and collaborate with team members from different work units (design, art, programming, etc.
- Use your knowledge and skills to build a UI layout
- Work in collaboration with other internal teams and use in-house tools to design the flow, functions, appearance of the interface and prototypes
- Deliver high quality assets. Design and create cohesive visuals and identity for UI screens and content
- Help maintain and craft the style guide, documentation, and design system
- Keep up to date and communicate the latest UI trends with the team
- Provide workflow improvement suggestions to improve productivity
- Ability to adapt and follow a variety of artistic styles.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Working experience in a UI/UX role or capacity for an interactive product such as web, app, or software products
- Good knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Figma, etc.
- Strong graphic, communication, or media design skills: typography, iconography, layout, colour theory, motion design
- Solid understanding of UX practices and how they apply to game design
- Ability to communicate and present ideas effectively
- A team player with ability to take and give constructive feedback
- Strong fine art and illustrative skills.
- Knowledge of either 3DS Max or Maya
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio/showreel (or link to a portfolio/showreel). Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.